Current projects at QRC focus on many aspects of cloud computing, ranging from core cloud software infrastructure to a variety of cloud services.
There is no "typical" QRC project. Some teams collaborate closely with our colleagues in Taiwan and MIT, while others work independently. Some projects aim to deliver technology to customers this year, while other projects focus on longer-term research efforts.
We strive to invent new technologies that will have real, practical applications.
- Location-based services infrastructure for mobile applications
- Real-time video blending and transcoding in the cloud
- Infrastructure and platforms for deploying special-purpose clouds
- Automated video analysis for medical diagnosis and health monitoring - Visit our Videoscope web application to experiment with the technology
- Cloud-based medical data analysis
- Mobile telemedicine for neo-natal patients - For more information, see: Improving Patient Care by Unshackling Telemedicine: Adaptively Aggregating Wireless Networks to Facilitate Continuous Collaboration
- Cloud-based services for digital content creation and publishing
Key technologies include:
- Multi-channel streaming content delivery
- Distributed storage
- Video image analysis
- Highly concurrent programming
- Speech and natural language processing
- Power-optimized computing
- Multi-modal user interfaces
- Crowd computing and social networks
- Automated system deployment
- OpenStack software initiatives
- Optimized multi-core software on Tilera platforms